Wednesday 6 June 2007

LEH-LADAKH EXPERIENCE

I had been hoping that this would be a journey of a lifetime for me...and now i can proudly proclaim to all those who had any doubts about me being a part of this trip that this has been one of the most unforgettable and breathtaking experiences of my life...an experience that I will treasure forever...
The heavenly glimpses began right from the time we were approaching Drass and the battlefield at Kargil...the first glimpse of snow filled me with elation and childlike exitement...I was totally mesmerised by the expanse of the Great Himalayas...our stay was equally pleasurable what with the breathtaking view of the snow-capped mountains from our hotel rooms and the wonderful people at the hotel who made sure that no stone was left unturned in giving us the best of services...every single day was delightful, courtesy all the beautiful places thet we visited, be it the ageold monasteries or gompas and the palaces or all the passes we went through - Chang-la pass (our first snowing experience) and Khandurg-la pass - or the shokingly diverse variety that we encountered in a few hundred kilometres- Pangong lake, the rivers Nubra and Shyok, sand dunes - everything was so diverse but at the same time blended so beautifully and seamlessly with each other...all this and the view of the snow-capped mountains kept me safe from any sort of altitude sickness...guess my mind, body and spirit were too mesmerised by this place to bother falling sick...
And I could go on and on and on about this place and my experiences...all I could say to sum it all up is that this place is a world in itself and it makes me proud that this heavenly abode is in my backyard, in India, a place that I call home...

No comments: