Friday 8 June 2007

Tso beautiful!

This is what came to me when I spent time by myself at the banks of the Pangong Tso.

The sky smiles upon you,
Giving you a myriad shades -
I see the light, turquoise and the deep.

And then, there are these clouds that hover atop,
Lending you a white and grey.

The tall, burly mountains direct your flow,
Your waves lash at their feet,
Calm yet teasingly cold.

Their heads crowned by snow,
Their bodies wear robes of green and lilac and blue.

They look so stark, speak so loud,
You dance to the music of their sounds.

You hide nothing from me, for I can see through you,
The coloured stones, big and small, red and white,
They lie flat at the bottom, grinning at the sun.

The gulls flirt with your ripples,
They touch, kiss and fly,
You might never see them again.
Just like me, they might never return.

Yet, you lend me your wondrous view,
Hence, an ode to you!

1 comment:

Ace said...

Beautiful! Reminds me of your other poem 'Sense'. Why the slight pessimism though? 'Just like me, they might never return.' You will, and so will the gulls.